Have you ever stopped to think about the truth about God? Have you put any energy into understanding the spiritual side of your being? Or that big question that needs to be addressed, “Why am I here?” Are you just going with the flow with whatever you believed when you grew up? Some people grow up atheists and stay atheists all the their life. Muslims stay Muslim. Christians stays Christian. Hindus stays Hindu. Buddhists stays Buddhist… and the list goes on and on. I grew up in a home that believed the Bible. We tried to follow the 10 Commandments in our home. The denomination was called “The Worldwide Church of God” which is now known as “Grace Communion International”. I learned many good principles growing up in that church. I grew up believing that the Bible was true and could be trusted to be a guide for my life. This was my starting point in this world.
What is your starting point?
Here are the starting points of a few people that I know in this world:
- Growing up with spiritual beliefs;
- Growing up without spiritual beliefs;
- Growing up in wealth;
- Growing up in poverty;
- Growing up in gangs;
- Growing up lonely;
- Growing up with drugs;
- Growing up being abused sexually and/or physically;
- Growing up in sports and athletic competitions;
Please note your personal one-of-a-kind starting point and then look at what the Bible says about starting points:
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16
Your starting point doesn’t define who you will become. When you allow God to bring you on His way, He has promised to lead you into light. You may have started in darkness, but God has promised to make darkness light before you. You may have started crooked, but God has power to make things straight. You may even be in a state of total blindness, but God promises to bring you by a way that you can’t see. Here is a suggestion:
- Accept your starting point.
- Open your heart to trusting God’s word. If trusting in all of the scriptures is to much for you right now then open your heart to trusting one verse (Isaiah 42:16).
- Pray to our Father in heaven and ask for His promise to become a reality in your life starting today!